Important things to know for summer rentals here in BV
E-Bikes have become very popular in BV this summer. In order to make sure you have a great time, please consider the following:
1. The earlier you start the better - weekend traffic in Buena Vista has increased significantly this summer. Our rentals start at 8AM. If you can beat the traffic you will have a much more pleasant experience.
2. We are in the midst of monsoon season. Odds are pretty good through the end of July that we will have a downpour in the afternoon. You are pretty safe if you conclude your ride by 1 or 2 PM. Please bring rain jackets with you just in case.
3. Make sure to book your rentals online as soon as you can. Feel free to call with any questions you have about booking. Also, there is much less traffic in the area during the week so think about a weekday rental.
4. If it has been awhile since you have ridden a bicycle please take some time to refresh your skills before you take off on a ride on an e-bike. If you are going to be in town for a few days, you might want to think about coming by to try one out on a short ride.
5. If you have children who are interested in riding with you they must demonstrate competency in riding a bike.These bikes are heavy, adult sized bikes and if they don't currently ride bikes, an e-bike is not the way to introduce them to the world of cycling.
E-Bikes are fun!
What our guests say...
Loving Nana - Fantastic experience! We rode along rivers, lakes and paths. Easy ride full of the beauty of CO. The electric bikes made the journey of the day easy. The owners, Rick and Nancy are super personable and fun. They delivered the bikes to accommodate where we wanted to ride. Each bike was well cared for and fully charged. Definitely try the group rides they have on the calendar.
Richard O. - "A very enjoyable experience to work with Nancy to do a test spin on a Rad City step-thru eBike, as I will now be buying my own. Did the 22 mile ride from BV to Nathrop to Mt Princeton Spa, then back along Hwy 321 to BV. Nancy and her husband had the bike ready to go with a full battery charge, and were extremely friendly. Although I didn't need the extra help, they were prepared to bring me a new battery if mine was used up! Thanks again for an awesome experience!"
Lori B - "Great ride with friends! They brought the bikes to us and after the ride they picked up the bikes at our lunch place. The owners were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The bikes were in excellent condition!"
Melissa J. - What a great experience we had for an afternoon of exploring the local Buena Vista area!! Rode in town, on the highway and on an atv trail---all with ONE bike! Super friendly and knowledgeable business owners who were very willing to answer any questions we had. We will be purchasing ebikes for ourselves and can't wait to ride and explore our own new town!
Chuck H. - "I’m an avid cyclist(road and mountain) and this was my first time on an ebike. We rented the Rad Rover Fat Tire eBike and did a 3hr ride in the Four Mile Recreation area. It was a lot of fun and we had a good time. We’ll definitely rent these again next time in Buena Vista."